Monday, March 12, 2012

Positive Feedback from February Pride Trails


Two Pride outreach trails took place in Groendal in February this year headed up by our Experiential Education manager, Lihle Mbokazi. Each trail experienced extremes of weather, with blistering heat on Saturday, 11 February and hard rain on Saturday, 18 February.
“It was amazing to see the learners’ reaction on both dates,” says Lihle. “When I collected the group on the 11th they were there waiting for me with their teacher. Despite the heat, they had fun walking and showed a lot of interest in what the guides taught them.”
Although it drizzled during the trail on the 18th, Lihle managed to ensure that the kids had an enjoyable outing. “I explained how amazing the Groendal area is, and how much fun we were going to have, and everyone cheered up. When we turned back for lunch, the kids all said that they didn’t want to go home.”

Comments from trailists:
“The guide’s were excellent, they were very professional and I would say they know what they are doing and are good at it. What I like most about the  Pride  Outreach is the games we played and some new stuff that we leaned. Two things I’ve learned from  Pride  is that it’s more a battle out in Nature than in the City. And that you can do and achieve whatever you like if you have ambition for it. It was a nice long walk but I enjoyed it.” L.R.
“The guide’s were really good. I enjoyed mostly the fact that everything takes place in a wild environment. I feel that the time spent there was not enough to have the lessons learnt sink in. Two things I’ve learned is confidence can allow other people to also feel the need of being bold and that nature is the simplest form that can give us courage to explore ourselves.” By S.M.



“I would like to let people learn and be more involved in nature so they can know the wonders of nature. The guide’s did a great job keep it up. Thanks for the opportunity guyz.” Masixole.


“I have learned that I can connect with other people and nature. My attitude towards nature changed and I saw how important it was to keep our environment clean.” Nuwell 



“Nature has changed me a lots I used to litter around and now I’m not going to do that again.” Aisha 


“I have learnt that I must never give up. My attitude toward nature has changed I must be patient and be very helpful towards nature.” Mohammed


“It was quite fine, I enjoyed it a lot, just that the rain ruined our journey. We should look after our nature how important plants are and can change our lives. It was a great experience and I am looking forward to do something like this again.” Sivuyile


“Nature changed me because I’ve learned to treat the plants well, because they are good to us and to respect the animals and other things we set on Nature.” Vuyani 

No comments:

The Wilderness Foundation UK - Headlines

WILD's Blog - Headlines